A Data Warehouse is our assurance to protect the information of the organization so that it is accessible, understandable, structured and complete.
- We create centralized models of information for decision-making, based on data distributed in countless databases, files, external sources, etc ...
- Our experience in managing huge databases ensures optimized performance and access times.
The modeling of information scattered throughout an organization into a centralized data warehouse provides consistent and uniform information for decision-making.
Main Objectives of a DataWarehouse:
- Providing access to corporate information: The contents of the data warehouse must be understandable, navigable and access should be characterized by high performance:
- Understandable means properly labeled.
- Navigable means that the desired destination is located on the screen and that is a single "click away".
- High performance access means that the time is next to zero.
- Give consistency to the information of the organization.
- It is a "life insurance" to protect the information of the organization: The data warehouse not only controls access to the data effectively, but provides the "owners" of information means greater control and powerful about who uses and abuse of data.
- It is the foundation for decision-making: The data warehouse has adequate data to carry out the decision making process. The original name originally used to refer to what we know today as data warehouse, support systems for decision making (decision support system, DSS) shows clearly what the objective of these systems.